- State regulations apply in Federal waters.
- Open all year in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean.
Minimum Size Requirements
- 18 inches in total length or more in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean.
- Recreational harvester: 2 tripletail per day.
- A recreational harvester must land tripletail in whole condition.
- Tripletail are not permitted to be deboned, skinned, scaled, sliced, ground, deheaded, or divided.
- The gutting and the removal of gills is permitted.
- Must use hook and line gear only.
- May not use a multiple hook in combination with live or dead natural bait.
- May not harvest by spearing, nets, or snagging.
Rules governing Tripletail can be found at: https://www.flrules.org/gateway/ChapterHome.asp?Chapter=68B-49
Contact a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney in Key West, Florida
The State of Florida treats fishing violations extremely seriously and seeks jail time for many fishing violations. The Jamindar Law Firm is focused on aggressively defending locals and tourists against fishing violations in Monroe County, Florida. To schedule a free initial consultation, call me at 305-204-6869 or contact me online. My office is conveniently located at 422 Fleming Street on the edge of the Key West Historical District.